Wednesday, June 17, 2009

JUST SAY NO...to Hobby Lobby

Today my friend Judy bought me a little gift. It's a cute pair of flip-flops that are black and have cherries on them. Normally I would already have them on my fat, little feet, but they came from "Hobby Lobby", cue the ominous music. Now we need to travel back in time to early 2005 when my sweet Rina girl was working for "Michaels" the "other" crafting store. She told me that I couldn't shop at Hobby Lobby, that I would be a traitor if I did. My sweet girl was nothing if not loyal!!! So I made a promise to her that I would never set foot into a Hobby Lobby store...and of course I haven't, but my mother-in-law and my friend Judy go there quite often, hence my gift.

My dilema is as such, do I wear the flip-flops because they were a gift and because Corrina was all about loving her Flip-Flops??? Or do I not wear them because of the "Hobby Lobby" boycott??? You may not believe this but it made me cry...not so much the shoes, as the memory of my girl and the promise I made her. Silly huh? The funniest part of all of this is that Corrina would find my behavior EXTREMELY amusing, I just know she would.

I wish I was knitting on something right now instead of working. I'm going to cast on another pair of socks tonight. The "Summer Socks" pattern by Cookie A. I ADORE her designs...what a talent she is, and what an artist.




Ciao

No comments: