Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Seems Like Forever

It seems like forever since I last posted. It's only been like 20 days, or so, but....
Life has been chugging along. We spent the Labor Day weekend in the mountains, and had a peaceful and lovely time. I got a lot of knitting done while there, and on the ride to and from. I finished the "Lacy Rib Socks" from Wendy Johnson's "Socks From The Toe Up" book. I love them! And they are all mine. I started two new projects, the Palette Fair Isle Cardigan from Knit Picks (way cool, so far), and the Aeolian shawl from Knitty (absolutely gorgeous, so far). I'll take some pictures and get them posted to here and to my Ravelry page.

I'm also still plugging along on my Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig. That was my car knitting during the trip. I love the way this one feels, soft and light. I still have two pair of socks on the needles that are almost finished, so I may cast on another pair over the weekend.

September is a tough month, heck most are when it comes to missing and longing for Corrina, but September is when she passed away...September 29th 2005. Four years I've been missing my angel. Every night I pray for a glimpse of her in my dreams and last night I saw her. She was only about 10 in the dream, but I got to hold her hand and hug her tight. Waking up after a dream of her is so bittersweet. I'm so thankful that it happened and that I saw her, but also so sad that it's the only way I CAN see her anymore and that it doesn't happen nearly enough.

Well on to a little brighter news. I'm expecting some yarn deliveries this week and next. I truly miss having a local yarn shop. I wish someone would come along and open one...heck, I wish I could. I would love to keep some of this money I'm spending in our local economy...oh well, c'est la vie.


Ciao

No comments: